Monday 19 March 2012

My First Blog EVER

I am a busy mother of 6 children ranging in age from 17 to 7months. I have very limited time for craftiness so it is often late into the night burning the midnight oil. I have dabbled in many crafts Mosaics, stiching, cake decorating, card making and then in November 2011 I discovered Scrapbooking. What can I say?? I am hooked and have been busy creating a first year album for my youngest son George (who is currently 7 months) Also I have been doing a sort of Visual Diary scrapbook of the years events. My friend Louise (who I went to highschool with) at http://punknscrap2.blogspot.co.nz/ has challenged me to enter the Southern Girls Challenge. So this Layout, created in the wee small hours is my entry. It features my sweet 2 year old Vanessa (who is yet to reach the dreaded terrible twos) and the theme is Red/blue/Yellow
So now I have wasted a whole morning setting up a blog, much to the disgust of my laundry room who is currently housing another ever growing Mt Washmore. I hope you can leave me some constuctive critisim as I am very new to this craft and I am just working out how to make effective layouts!

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic layout KAREN (lol), thanks loads for joining our challenge at Southern Girls. I will be stalking your blog for updates on your scrapbooking now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful LO Karen. All I do is spend way too much time on this thing looking at different scrapbooking sites and challenges and then never getting around to doing them [lol] Love looking at the different styles tho. I can give you some sites to look at if you want. Thanks for joining our challenge and hope to see you here again. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Criticism,your joking! Beautiful,beautiful layout! Welcome to blog land where. Mount wash more will soon be joined be a few more hills! Enjoy! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the world of blogging. Beautiful layouts. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout, and congrats on starting a blog, it is loads of fun!! Smiles from Sunny South Africa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the blogging universe! What a great LO, and I love the other projetcs too! The mailbox is just stunning!! :) It will be fun to see what more you come up with!
    Blog hugs from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the land of blogging, looking forward to seeing your work. Cheers Sue N x (member of SGC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job on your LO Karen! Stunning work on your mail box and wonderful memories added to it.

    So glad that you joined the challenge for Southern Girls this week!
    Good Luck & welcome to blogging!

    Shell~Alaska
    SGC~DT

    ReplyDelete